SW FINALLY getting started...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So a week after starting cycle and adding live rock I have 0 ammo, 0 trites, and 5 trates. Cycled? I hope so! I dosed ammo back to 3 ppm this morning, will test tonight and tomorrow and see!

Last edited:
Just get one good fixture. Maybe the six bulb you said. You can turn on the middle two for when you have a FOWLR then turn on the rest when you have a reef

Well, I picked up a used 4 bulb t5ho on CL for 45. So I have more time to make my decision at least.

They are adorable! I love black and white clowns! Are they misbarred cause the reflection looks like they might be. :)

No, they are not misbarred. Full bar false black percula clowns with the orange faces. I just love them so much! So funny to watch

CAREY! welcome back! And I need lighting advice!!

Last edited:
HalfMoon B said:
No, they are not misbarred. Full bar false black percula clowns with the orange faces. I just love them so much! So funny to watch

CAREY! welcome back! And I need lighting advice!!

I cant wait to get a pair for my 29 Biocube :)

I picked up my pajama cardinals today. I have heard mixed reviews about chromis. What would be another small active dither fish that does well in small groups, say 3?

Last edited:
No one...? Hrmmm. Well, I am looking at a helfrichi fire fish. And I guess maybe 3 chromis then. Anyone see anything wrong with that?

Also...diatoms like a WEED in this tank right now...

My local LFS has them around $50. I love their coloring, and their different look. And I have no issues with getting the planktonic food they need.
I was more worried about the chromes, or a suitable schooling replacement for chromis.

My Blue-Green chromis have no problem IME. I cant speak for other people. You just have to get them from the same batch, and in even numbers to decrease aggresion.

Greenturtle said:
My Blue-Green chromis have no problem IME. I cant speak for other people. You just have to get them from the same batch, and in even numbers to decrease aggresion.

Even numbers? I always here odd numbers...

odds. i actually started off with 5 blue greens. they picked off the other two until they where 3 and have been doing well. as far as other fish like that i have no clue.

Back
Top Bottom