SW FINALLY getting started...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The neme will be first. Wait for him to find his home. Then the others.
Another month of perfect params and I will consider the neme. I can't believe how stable everything is so far. Even had my neighbor test for peace of mind!

Last edited:
Just keeping your hands out of the tank makes a big difference I think. I don't "fiddle". Either at, or the bi weekly water changes are doing it.

Ha I can't keep mine out of the tank. I'm coming up on 1 week from a massive system change like adding my sump. I'll be testing the water soon to see where I'm at.

coffeetwitch said:
Ha I can't keep mine out of the tank. I'm coming up on 1 week from a massive system change like adding my sump. I'll be testing the water soon to see where I'm at.

I need to be doing that soon!!

halfmoon do you know how much your ph swings in a day, that can cause problems for the nem as well. it should be highest when you turn lights out, and lowest right before you turn them back on.

My ph stays a solid 8.2 in the mornings to 8.3 at night. (I have aragonite underneath a sand bed)
Temperature is a constant 77 degrees (just like my house)
Amm, trite, trate are 0, no phosphates.
I have NOT tested, calk, alk, mag or strontium since I don't have corals, but am picking up those tests soon.
I am making dead sure everything is stable and pristine before moving on with nemes and corals.
I have my eye on a PLTA at LFS. The owner is holding it for me. It eats well, farmable coloring, hasn't moved in weeks, and never shows oral disk issues.

you might want to check this out. the temp matters quite a bit with anemone survivability and mid 80's seems to be the best for them

Host Sea Anemone Survivability Survey

the article spans several pages, i sent the link directly to temps but its worth a look if you're going to keep a nem.

coffeetwitch said:
cool which one did you go with again?

It's an off brand.... Not sure, it's a HOB rated for 40-80 gallons...noisy pump, and from what I can tell, not very good design...

coffeetwitch said:
bummer if your not happy with it, hopefully it wasnt too expensive to be replaced.

Here it is, and no, not expensive...get what you pay for...

Attachments

• image-1656358864.jpg
    image-1656358864.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 85
  • image-530748531.jpg
    image-530748531.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3829263269.jpg
    image-3829263269.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 60
  • image-2963842149.jpg
    image-2963842149.jpg