Swapping tanks need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone. I currently have a 92 gallon corner tank that we are not 100 percent happy with. We decided to purchase a new 93 gallon rimless cube. I want to make sure I do this right. Current setup is crushed coral substrate with live rock and purified tap water. When we change tanks we will be going to sand substrate with the live rock but I will be using ro/di water and also will be using reef salt instead of instant ocean. I am afraid all of this will stress out my live stock and was debating on finding them new homes before I start this overhaul. Also this is my first go at ro/di water. How do I keep that much ro water prior to putting it in the tank? Garbage cans? I know I am throwing a lot out there but just want to make sure I do things right.
Thanks.

I used Rubbermaid bins

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Keep as much of your current water as you can and transfer it with the rock and life stock. Try to have everything you need and do it in one motion.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom