Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

switching from FOWLR to reef??

i currently have a FOWLR 60g. im thinking about upgrading to a reef but im a little confuse about some stiff and really need HELP. i currently have a skimmer and an emperor 400 filter. Im thinking about getting a sump?? if i do, how big of a sump should i get?? and do i need to get rid of the HOB filter or do i keep it?? i also have no idea how to set up or run a sump... i will really appreciate all and most help as i could get. thank you in advance.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
SW REEF 15+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

As far as size of sump I would go with the biggest you can get that will fit in the stand. The more water volume the better as it will be more forgiving to problems and mistakes.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok... and the filter to i get rid of it or keep it?..

Tags
chi, fowlr, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off