Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-05-2004, 12:18 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

tampa bay saltwater live rock

greetings all, i have heard plenty good about liverocks.com here, but any experiences with tampa bay saltwater lr? i am waiting for the weather to warm up to add some florida cultured lr as I already have 50lb fiji / tonga in a 45g. this lr looks very appealing and teeming with life. there's even a cool video on the home page about the aquaculturing of their lr. check it out...

http://www.tampabaysaltwater.com/testimonials2.html

Old 02-05-2004, 06:54 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
good stuff! if you do, be sure to get a few lbs of the decore rock. you won't be sorry.

ReefRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:36 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

i just went to tampabay saltwater yesterday..not only did they have terrible looking live rock in my oppion but they hardly had any in the store. after watching there 30 minute video on there site, it looked like a great place to go.. boy what a big dissapointment..place was dirty and the water and tanks they keep there live stock in looked nasty.. i'd be affraid to put anything in my tank from them
Old 02-08-2004, 10:44 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
Quote:
i just went to tampabay saltwater yesterday..not only did they have terrible looking live rock in my oppion but they hardly had any in the store. after watching there 30 minute video on there site, it looked like a great place to go.. boy what a big dissapointment..place was dirty and the water and tanks they keep there live stock in looked nasty.. i'd be affraid to put anything in my tank from them
your the first and only person( that i've seen) that has had anything bad to say about them. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. is it possable you got to them inbetween harvest's?

BTW Welcome aboard
ReefRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

tnier,
can you recommend anyone else for florida aquacultured lr then?

it is a lr holding facility, i wouldn't expect it to be pristine in the store...
Old 02-08-2004, 05:55 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Not to jump the gun or anything but negative first posts are usually the sign of a troll. Call me mean spirited or pessimistic or whatever. Just talking from experience.

I have heard nothing but praises from everyone else who has done business with these guys. Hard to believe that someone has had an experience on the opposite end of the spectrum. Is it possible, sure? But not probable...
Old 02-08-2004, 07:54 PM   #7

Quote:
I have heard nothing but praises from everyone else who has done business with these guys. Hard to believe that someone has had an experience on the opposite end of the spectrum. Is it possible, sure? But not probable...
Same here about TBS...

If you can't get it from them, you can get good FALR from liverocks.com
Old 02-08-2004, 09:22 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ive never seen any lr form tampa bay saltwater that didnt look GREAT. my lfs just ordered around 100lbs to put in a custom home tank and the newest batch i saw was the best lr i think i have ever seen period! Hopefully you just stopped by at a bad time because if not we all should be greatly saddened
Old 02-09-2004, 04:28 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

thanks all, sounds like those great testimonials are genuine then!

Tags
live, live rock, rock, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com