Tang Here, Tang there, Tangs everywhere!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am planning a 180 gallon tank. This is going to be a LONG project, but I want to start doing my research now. It might be 2 years from now, but I am hoping only a year from now.

My question right now (I am starting a journal for this), is how many Tangs would be ok?

I am going to throw in the fish I already have, they include

1 Six Line Wrasse
1 Flame Hawkfish
1 Clown Fish
1 Blue Spotted Puffer

When I get this tank set up, I want to have at least

1 Blue Hippo Tang
1 Yellow Tang

That is really all I can think of for tangs, but what else do you think I can put into the tank? I like Tangs, but would it be wise to put more than one kind in? I don't want my smaller fish to be overpowered by the bigger fish thou. Would another Wrasse be ok? I saw a big sea grass wrasse and I thought that was really cool. This tank will be a FOWLR

I've hear that you can put multiple tangs in a big enough tank as long as try are different colors. I'm not sure how true that is

I have three in a 125 with no problem. I would say in a 180 with plenty of LR filtration you should be OK with 4 or 5.

So as long as I have them with different colors, I should be ok. So I can't get two Blue Hippos? I have seen some tanks that have more than two of the Hippos and Yellows and they never bother one another. So it seems, from what I seen.

Back
Top Bottom