Tang Selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckeye5755

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. Got a question on which variety of tang I should go with. I have a 125 FOWLR that my stocking list includes some smaller fish and cleaners. For larger fish, I am definitely going to go with a yellow tang, but am undecided on whether to get a Powder Blue or Powder Brown Tang. From what I've heard, Powder Brown is a more docile choice than Powder Blue, however the Powder Blue in my opinion is a better looking fish. Based on this situation, what do you guys think would be a better choice between the two?

Hello everyone. Got a question on which variety of tang I should go with. I have a 125 FOWLR that my stocking list includes some smaller fish and cleaners. For larger fish, I am definitely going to go with a yellow tang, but am undecided on whether to get a Powder Blue or Powder Brown Tang. From what I've heard, Powder Brown is a more docile choice than Powder Blue, however the Powder Blue in my opinion is a better looking fish. Based on this situation, what do you guys think would be a better choice between the two?

I've tried 3 powder blues and had to take everyone of them back. They are fine as long as there isn't anything that is in its way. My cardinals didnt want to move since they are so docile by nature and all three would ram them out of its way. never tried a brown though

Add them both together and hopefully it will work, I love the powder blue but I had bad luck. Right now I just have a valingi tang, but they end up 2 feet long.. I would love to have another tang but he runs the tank and I dont want to have them stress each other to death since the valingi tang is doing so well

These are my three in my 125 gallon reef. They get along fine.

029.jpg

Back
Top Bottom