Tank Cleaning Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanchezkk

Aquarium Advice Freak
The inside of my tanks looks like I need to wipe it down. It looks like a cloudy residue on the inside of the glass. Can I have some ideas? I don't want to do something that will bother my new tank and inhabitants.

Thanks

I have one of those mag floats. I do it whenever needed. Works for the algae that comes off easily. I also have a scraper for the tough algae.

Mag float for daily and scraper for weekly or PWC maintenance time. I use the Kent scraper. Make sure you get the correct scraper for your tank glass or acrylic.

+1. That is how my mother cleaned the sides of my tank. I come home from work and she was in my house scrapping away because "she couldn't stand not being able to look in the sides"

I know that this may be a stupid question but, do I just let the mechanical filters get the debris that comes off the walls?

@sanchezkk, all the online retailers have them. Try our sponsors or any of the major places.

Back in the day of unsolicited credit cards in the mail I also used the brand new clean ones. I shred my old credit cards. Just don't trust the fish to not go on a spending spree.

For the magnet cleaner I just let the natural filtration take care of it. I generally do my glass scraping when I'm doing a PWC. I also use either a turkey baster or powerhead to get debris off the rocks and out of the tank at that time.

I clean with a sponge-on-a-stick every 2-3 days, and scrape with an old credit card once or twice week to remove coraline from front glass and hard algae. At first I thought my tank wasn't normal, that something was wrong, CUC not big enough, but the guy at my LFS told me it was better than average.

I just ordered this weapon of mass destruction :

Just ordered this Weapon of Mass Destruction! :

Kent ProScraper II Algae Scraper (Short)

Algae Beware! And I should be careful too! You Americans could invade my house because of this WMD! Just laughing :p I love you guys :p

nuwave59 said:
I clean with a sponge-on-a-stick every 2-3 days, and scrape with an old credit card once or twice week to remove coraline from front glass and hard algae. At first I thought my tank wasn't normal, that something was wrong, CUC not big enough, but the guy at my LFS told me it was better than average.

I just ordered this weapon of mass destruction :

Just ordered this Weapon of Mass Destruction! :

Kent ProScraper II Algae Scraper (Short)

Algae Beware! And I should be careful too! You Americans could invade my house because of this WMD! Just laughing :p I love you guys :p

Sponge on a stick? Is that a homemade contraption?

@sanchezkk : Hahaha! No! I bought it at the petshop. Let's call it the inspiration of the moment. No way to describe it better!

Back
Top Bottom