Tank getting drilled this weekend...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am thinking 3 holes per someone's advice on this forum and wanted to see what everyone had to say. It looks like I may drill the back of the tank a couple inches below the water line, and was thinking (2) 1-3/8" holes on far left and far right of the back glass, and (1) 1/2" hole in the center but still a couple inches down from water line, for the return.

What's everyone's thoughts? Do I need 3 holes? Should the return be 1/2" or should I make it the same size as the others?

Thanks!

Usually 3/4" or maybe (maybe) 1". Really depends on the flow your looking for. If youre planning on 1800,2400,3600 gph then you may wanna look at 1". Anything lower and id do 3/4

huma-huma said:
Usually 3/4" or maybe (maybe) 1". Really depends on the flow your looking for. If youre planning on 1800,2400,3600 gph then you may wanna look at 1". Anything lower and id do 3/4

^^^ is the person I was talking about in private message to ask! LOL! He knows more about this stuff than I've seen so far on the forum!

Back
Top Bottom