Tank problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you mean by not harm them? No noticable side effects or clues that they may be dying?

Maybe chemicals in the water

Just asking cause I got three fish from my lfs had them two months and doing fine. I got three fish from this other guy who has a lfs and one lasted three weeks one lasted seven days and one died the same night he says it's a tank issue but my other three are doing great still and so are my inverts

Floated the fish on the water then added some water and floated them more then added them. Guy meets me halfway and I pick them up. Didn't get to see them in the tank. Just trusted him.... Bad idea

Adding water just once isn't close to enough for acclimation. I drip everything for 2 hours. Also, your old fish couldve gotten used to bad water quality, that's what my fish did lol. Now I'm getting them down.

jones1483 said:
Floated the fish on the water then added some water and floated them more then added them. Guy meets me halfway and I pick them up. Didn't get to see them in the tank. Just trusted him.... Bad idea

How did they die? Any abnormal signs or swimming before death? Any signs of sores, spots etc on the bodies?

Perhaps but what I read said let float 15 minutes then add my tank water. Same amount that was in the bag wait 15 minutes then add the fish. Fox face was supposed to be a hardy fish I thought plus the inverts are still living so water can't be all that horrible

The one had a parasite I noticed the first nite but took a few days before I realized what it was. The other just disappeared and the fox face well I think i stressed it out by moving rock

That's not a good way to acclimate fish. You should drip or add like 1/4 of the water, pour 1/4 out and do that like 4 times 15 minted apart.

jones1483 said:
The one had a parasite I noticed the first nite but took a few days before I realized what it was. The other just disappeared and the fox face well I think i stressed it out by moving rock

If the fish had a parasite then they came from an infected tank, meaning they were all probably stressed out to begin with. Id watch out for parasites on your other fish.

U don't have to buy anything special when I acclimate my fish I use a shot glass and add a shot every 15 minutes until I have doubled the water that the fish can in. I ha e never lost any fish this way.

If my water quality was bad enough to kill three fish wouldn't it kill the inverts? I read they didn't tolerate any water quality changes. I am new and trying to find all the knowledge I can

Back
Top Bottom