Tank swap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superman1950s

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK I would like to go from an old 38gal hex tank to my 36gal bowfront tank. The 38gal hex is already set up with 7-8lbs of LR and has 40lbs of aragonite. I was wondering what i need to do to change it over. the bowfront has nothing in it. Any info would be great.

Thanks,

eg: can i use the same water and aragonite. I have two yellow tail damsels and one clown. hope this extra info helps.

I would use the same water and sand yes. Depending on what's in the sand, i would wash the heck out of it before placing into your new tank.

You will still need to cycle your new tank before your fish can move to it. Fortunately you have some media that can move over to help cycle the new tank more quickly.

Have you thought of adding more live rock to your tank? 8lbs seems a bit on the low side.

Yes. I have to buy LR in small portion at the moment. And thank you. I wasn't quite sure if I could just "dump" everything in from one tank to the next.

Back
Top Bottom