Tank upgrade 10 gal to 38 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ItsMike

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

First post here!

I am in the process of moving all my Rock and Fish into a bigger tank. I currently have a 10 Gal tank with about 12lbs of Rock, 1 clown, 2 damsels, and 1 Serpent Star.

This current setup has been going strong for about a year now. I just came across a Sweet 38 gal Square tank that actually fit in my living room nicely..

So far I have the water in the tank with about 20lbs of live sand and about 20 lbs of plain sand, (About 2" deep) .. This has been running for about 2 days now, periodically checking the salt content and will be taking a sample down to my LFS (Local Fish Store) for a full round of tests..

Would it be in my best interest to Start to move my Rock over? or should I wait and or Buy new rock? Even though I've had my current setup for a while now, This is my first (Somewhat) big tank.. I do plan on taking about 8-10 gal out of this and adding in some of my old water from the 10 gal once everyone is ready to be moved..

I will post some pics when I get home of my filter and lighting and what not..

Thanks for any adivce

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom