Tank upgrade!! 8-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
image-2078825308.jpg

Found its spot in the living room... AND wifey approves :cool:

image-3484566989.jpg

View from the king's tv watching seat, pretty decent view...

There are 6 different modes . 3 of which you can tinker with and you can make waves if you like . They have a really nice broad flow . They are not close to the adjustability of the vortech but they are only around 75 bucks compared to $500 for a mp40

There are 6 different modes . 3 of which you can tinker with and you can make waves if you like . They have a really nice broad flow . They are not close to the adjustability of the vortech but they are only around 75 bucks compared to $500 for a mp40

Oh wow ok... So if I can't scrape together $500, does the $70 include the drivers and everything? Any fallbacks to these guys??

No issues with mine so far. It is still a new product though. It comes complete with it's own wired control box . One does about 3500gph. The only issue I had is they were a touch noisy for the first few days but they are silent now.

I have one as well. I think the wave making selections and controll-ability is about worthless, but I do like the flow it puts out when set to full power. It's worth the 80 bucks or so.

image-2110593306.jpg

Doors back on... Sorry bout all the pics, just excited watching the past year of this project finally come together...!

BEEN MEANING TO ASK ABOUT THIS:

In the fuge section in a sump, once pods start living happily, how do they enter the display tank? Won't they get killed if they need to travel through the return pump??

nope. Bigger Amphipods might more so than the smaller copepods. But their survivability is quite high. and those that die, become instant food.

nope. Bigger Amphipods might more so than the smaller copepods. But their survivability is quite high. and those that die, become instant food.

That's actually pretty impressive. I thought people essentially harvested them on filter
pads or something and then shook the pads off in the DT to rejuvenate the supply. Any good way to kick start a population? Or should I just play the waiting game?

I use the bogo offer on pods fro reefs2go. Keeps my mandarin good and fat. I get worried and restock on them every 3-4 months, but I don't think it is needed so far with my tank.

I sucked up some amphipods from my chaeto and blew them into the return pipe (external pump) and for the most part they survived. None were chewed up, but 1 didn't move before it got ate. most of the rest moved before they got ate, but I did this at lunch and the fish were hungry. It was just a test.

I use the bogo offer on pods fro reefs2go. Keeps my mandarin good and fat. I get worried and restock on them every 3-4 months, but I don't think it is needed so far with my tank.

In a fuge or put directly into the tank?

I sucked up some amphipods from my chaeto and blew them into the return pipe (external pump) and for the most part they survived. None were chewed up, but 1 didn't move before it got ate. most of the rest moved before they got ate, but I did this at lunch and the fish were hungry. It was just a test.

Do you consistently do this, or every so often?

Back
Top Bottom