Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #261
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
I'm really starting to think my constant spewing forth about pantyhose that it is starting to catch on lol. Just make sure you change them out regularly.
Fire starter!

Old 06-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #262
Aquarium Advice Regular

I only put them on there to cut down the salt creep from the fizz, but the skimming was a bonus lol

Old 06-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #263
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benamayer View Post

Nikki! Where ya been?? No, I haven't heard of those... Any links you can post? And yes, tank is slowly coming along. Will be all set up by early next week, as I am finally on vacation! How's your tanks been since you lost some of your fish? 8-/
Haha! I've been a busy bee! My tank is great! I've added an ORA mandarin that is doing well, started my own "pod farm", hatching brine for my others, and OMG...have a ton of cool stuff I've learned about from some cool Aussie's to share with you!

Also, I bought one of those Jaebo WP 40's...wow! They work great! Also ordered some of the following that I learned about from an Aussie reefer that claims they work great. I'm gonna give it a go!

http://www.cermedia.com/marinepure.php

The milk filter socks have to be changed more regularly though.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/search/?q=milk-filter-sock
Old 06-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #264
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

Nikki! Where ya been?? No, I haven't heard of those... Any links you can post? And yes, tank is slowly coming along. Will be all set up by early next week, as I am finally on vacation! How's your tanks been since you lost some of your fish? 8-/
Also, the two clowns I lost were due to my neighbor spraying the room. He only sprayed that part and then the little re re put his hands in the tank. His mom felt bad but it's okay. At least I know it wasn't disease or parasites because I QT'd them FOREVER!
Old 06-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #265
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_kaiser View Post

Haha! I've been a busy bee! My tank is great! I've added an ORA mandarin that is doing well, started my own "pod farm", hatching brine for my others, and OMG...have a ton of cool stuff I've learned about from some cool Aussie's to share with you!

Also, I bought one of those Jaebo WP 40's...wow! They work great! Also ordered some of the following that I learned about from an Aussie reefer that claims they work great. I'm gonna give it a go!

http://www.cermedia.com/marinepure.php

The milk filter socks have to be changed more regularly though.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/search/?q=milk-filter-sock
Nice! Thank you... Good luck with the Mandarin! Unfortunately mine died 8-( Might give it another go with this tank. I'll check those links out too... Stick around please, hopefully this thread will gain some momentum this weekend It's been pretty boring, but I gotta give many thanks to @Mr_X and @Sniperhank for bearing with me through all the boring stuff!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #266
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

Nice! Thank you... Good luck with the Mandarin! Unfortunately mine died 8-( Might give it another go with this tank. I'll check those links out too... Stick around please, hopefully this thread will gain some momentum this weekend It's been pretty boring, but I gotta give many thanks to @Mr_X and @Sniperhank for bearing with me through all the boring stuff!
I'm not going to lie...I was really nervous about buying him. That little 2 inch fish cost me $80! LOL! He does eat just about anything though and I spot feed him so to make sure he eats. He's pretty cool! The pod culture is easy to do and I started with Tisbe pods. I just am not depending on pods for his main diet. I made the mistake of ordering pods from R2G. They sent mostly amphipods. Those stupid things literally attacked my snails! My mandarin wouldn't touch them and I later read that a lot of mandarin will only eat the little ones. I baited most of the big ones out but not before watching them devour two of my snails!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #267
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If y'all are on Facebook go and join STL Reefkeepers, addictive reef keeping, saltwater aquarium and reef keeping, and saltwater aquarium forum and sales. Great pages with lots of good info as well!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #268
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_kaiser View Post
If y'all are on Facebook go and join STL Reefkeepers, addictive reef keeping, saltwater aquarium and reef keeping, and saltwater aquarium forum and sales. Great pages with lots of good info as well!
Will do for sure!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #269
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

Will do for sure!
Yeah!!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #270
Aquarium Advice Addict

Any reason to NOT use these flexible Flanged Tailpiece plastic things I found at Home Depot, as an ending to my drain tubing? It will just give me some flexibility into my filter sock..?

Tags
tan, tank upgrade, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com