Tank upgrade!! 8-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beengirl said:
Thanks!! Planning on a 125g (hopefully soon), so that'll be a huge help. :)

Lol I know Nikki always gives good links, but I'm gonna have to take credit for this one :cool:

Benamayer said:
Lol I know Nikki always gives good links, but I'm gonna have to take credit for this one :cool:

Yeah, I realized my mistake as soon as I sent it, so I did an edit, but you saw it too soon!!! You're too quick for me!! :D

Sump progress! Got around to water testing. 1st chamber solid, 2nd chamber / bubble trap... Leaking! Curses, foiled again! Anyways, I just need to re-silicone the bottom strip. But while it was filled, I tested out my new Eheim compact + 2000 :cool:. Worked like a charm and very quiet. I also made a mock up plumb that just looped the water back to the first chamber...

(Beengirl- if you want to learn more about sumps I recommend you do this! It's very enlightening and shows the mechanics of how it works and what the water level will be in your last chamber at the different goh's)

Also, this pump rocks! Quiet, adjustable, very easy

(Nikki- if you haven't bought a pump, look into these, as I remember saying you wanted to keep your pump higher in your sump. This pump comes with brackets so you can hang it from the side of the sump and is fully height adjustable!)

Here's some pics!

image-3578120693.jpg

I'm also very happy I upgraded the thickness
of the acrylic for the baffles. No bowing anymore...

Attachments

• image-1189348695.jpg
    image-1189348695.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1398524549.jpg
    image-1398524549.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1963632162.jpg
    image-1963632162.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2023234023.jpg
    image-2023234023.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 85
That's a great idea to do a practice round like that! I'll definitely do that when we do our sump!! (y) :thanks: The sump looks great!!!

STOCKING HELP PLEASE- so I will be adding corals, all softies and LPS. How would this stock addition sound.

1 one spot foxface
1 kole tang
1 coral beauty

The angel will be hit or miss with your corals. I personally wouldnt add any angel to a reef simply cause I do it more for the coral then the fish lol.

Yea thats what I'm thinking too... Hmm suggestions on a smaller/medium colorful reef safe fish?

Oh yea... Also, am I overstocked with those 3, plus what I have which is:

2 mocha clowns
1 anthias
1 algae blenny
1 clown goby
1 tiger goby
1 six line

And do you see any problems with compatibility here?

Saw a ruby headed wrasse the other day- beautiful medium-sized fish. Gets about 5". Gorgeous colors. Needs a 75g tank, so it's right up your alley. :)

Interesting thank you! I'll look into that! Still trying to complete the setup first and am battling myself with how to swap over from my 55 gallon lol!

I looked up both of those wrasses and they're both gorgeous but I want something that has more of an angel shape to it...

What do you think... 2 MP10's or 1 MP40?? I think I know what I want but would like to hear some opinions...

What do you think... 2 MP10's or 1 MP40?? I think I know what I want but would like to hear some opinions...

I would go with the MP 40 because you can tone the flow down if needed. Doubt you will go to a smaller tank so if you went larger you could add another 10 or 40.

Would I get as good coverage going with 1 MP40, rather than 2 MP10's? I know it's a stronger powerhead, but will it cover as much of the tank rather than having 2 in opposing sides?

That's kinda what I'm thinking too guys, thanks. The YouTube videos show the 40 pushing a LOT of water lol. Plus I think 1 40 is cheaper than 2 10's. Time to start saving... I still don't even have this new tank up yet I'm just trying to plan much better than I did for my current 55...

That's kinda what I'm thinking too guys, thanks. The YouTube videos show the 40 pushing a LOT of water lol. Plus I think 1 40 is cheaper than 2 10's. Time to start saving... I still don't even have this new tank up yet I'm just trying to plan much better than I did for my current 55...

I agree! I think you will be happy with the 40.

Back
Top Bottom