Sump progress! Got around to water testing. 1st chamber solid, 2nd chamber / bubble trap... Leaking! Curses, foiled again! Anyways, I just need to re-silicone the bottom strip. But while it was filled, I tested out my new Eheim compact + 2000
. Worked like a charm and very quiet. I also made a mock up plumb that just looped the water back to the first chamber...
(Beengirl- if you want to learn more about sumps I recommend you do this! It's very enlightening and shows the mechanics of how it works and what the water level will be in your last chamber at the different goh's)
Also, this pump rocks! Quiet, adjustable, very easy
(Nikki- if you haven't bought a pump, look into these, as I remember saying you wanted to keep your pump higher in your sump. This pump comes with brackets so you can hang it from the side of the sump and is fully height adjustable!)
Here's some pics!
I'm also very happy I upgraded the thickness
of the acrylic for the baffles. No bowing anymore...