Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool, I'm off to research the reactor. RO membrane here last about 3-4 months. Can't afford it anymore lol.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readingexcalibur
Cool, I'm off to research the reactor. RO membrane here last about 3-4 months. Can't afford it anymore lol.
? 2-4 months? Are you running prefilters like a sediment and carbon block filters? If not thats probably the problem there. In any case never heard of such poor performance.

And for the reactor check out bulkreefsupply.com they make one for about $35 if memory serves me right. Only other need components are a maxijet to run the reactor and a quality media. Pretty simple really

Old 06-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, I have a 6 stage RODI from filterdirect. I am running pre filters. The tap here is extremely hard because it is pumped in from lake mead on a 65 mile journey threw the desert and to me on the north side of las Vegas. It's all full of sediment, ect.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Double post
Old 06-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I have a 6 stage RODI from filterdirect. I am running pre filters. The tap here is extremely hard because it is pumped in from lake mead on a 65 mile journey threw the desert and to me on the north side of las Vegas. It's all full of sediment, ect.
If thats the case a water softener would probably be extremely beneficial to your home.

But also just curious how you reach the conclusion your membrane needs replaced.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

The phosphates start climbing from the "pure" water sample. I have often considered a water softener. However, I am in the military. That's a lot of money considering I am only renting lol. Praying my next station is somewhere with softer water! Ha
Old 06-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
The phosphates start climbing from the "pure" water sample. I have often considered a water softener. However, I am in the military. That's a lot of money considering I am only renting lol. Praying my next station is somewhere with softer water! Ha
Ah yeah that would be hard. Well im sure you could organize a sea water rescue mission with your CO lol. Jk

Anyways. By the pure sample do you mean that the tank is the source of the phosphates or the starting water?

If it were the tank then that would be completely solvable.

Tags
tap water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com