Target Feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickyst1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:facepalm: Well Rookie mistake, Bought a Coral Banded Shrimp early on. Have had Fish for about 2 months. No deaths to speak of. 1 green chromas and 4 or 5 hermits? Paid lots of attention to fish compatibility etc. Yesterday my wife noticed my favorite Blue Hermit was dead, and called my favorite FS to inquire what would be eating them. Banded Shrimp has gotten quite an appetite come to find out. He has molted 3 times since I got him.
Question is what I have read says I need to target feed? What kind of food and how do I accomplish this? A clip with a long stick to his favorite daytime hangout? What do I feed? If he is too much trouble and risky ammonia spike I`m trading him in for store credit much to my wifes dismay.

I'm not to crazy about them they are kinda aggressive he would try to attack my fish while they swam by him so I would take him back and get a skunk cleaner or some peppermint shrimp there awesome.

I feed mine a piece of silverside when I feed the rest of my tank when i say the rest of the tank I mean the ducans, and the maxi mine anemone. I didn't buy mine it came with a nano cube. I would like to get rid of it or at least put it in another tank but it refuses to go in the net.

Back
Top Bottom