temp fluctuations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I have been having a little trouble lately since summer has arrived and I believe my tank is a little on the small side to invest in a chiller the heater during the day stays a steady 78 but I woke Up dis morning and it looked like the temp dropped to like 76 do you think this is going to harm my fish if this is the way it goes all summer I raised the temp on the heater one notch so hopefully it'll turn on during the night cause it hasnt been lately for w.e reason I don't think its broken.cause when I turned the dial it did turn on what do you guys think

alright what would you say in your opinion is the lowest the temp can go while it will still be ok for the fish, and visa versa for the highest im really trying to get it stable i have to keep messing with the heater because its new, unfortuanttly im not home today and no one is to check on the tank for me so i hope that one notch doesnt end up cooking the tank while im gone i dont think it should

Jarrett said:
alright what would you say in your opinion is the lowest the temp can go while it will still be ok for the fish, and visa versa for the highest im really trying to get it stable i have to keep messing with the heater because its new, unfortuanttly im not home today and no one is to check on the tank for me so i hope that one notch doesnt end up cooking the tank while im gone i dont think it should

That's the hardest part about new heaters. I try to set it so mid day mytank is at 78 then let the fluctuations take control I've seen my tank in morning go as low as 74 on cold days and evenin on hot days go upto 82 before u plug in fan... just remember if it colder put lid on when its hotter take lids off

2 degree degree change is 100% fine. If you're too worried get a bigger heater, but a temperature drop is better than a temp rise anyways, less stressful.

Back
Top Bottom