Temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperAlex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been using a regular glass thermometer in my sump since I started my tank and it has said 79 the whole time. With the addition of my flame angel today I also added a digital thermometer. It is reading 82.8, all of the fish seem to be doing well and have been eating normally. Do I need to lower my temp? Or should I go with the old "if it ain't broke don't fix it"?

I'm not sure which is more accurate. I have a little digital one and I think it runs high by a couple degrees or so. Over 80 is a little high, but consistency is more the key. Maybe drop it by a degree so you are okay with both gauges?

So do you think I should leave the temp where it is? Or try to lower it a bit. I don't want to make the change too drastic and make my fish sick. Especially the new guys I just added.

The key to temperatures is stability. If it is staying the same all the time I would leave it where it is.

I had a digital one and it was reading 77.9. I put a apex controller with temp prob on after Christmas and it was actually 75.6. I wouldn't trust the digital

I put two glass thermometers in different areas. One is a standing type on the sand and another is suctioned up on the glass. Sometimes they are a few degrees apart. This is in my planted 29, the salt tank is usually spot on or I need to adjust my powerheads

Back
Top Bottom