Terrible phone call

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't offer anymore than whats been said already, great suggestions. Just wanted to say good luck, I hope everything works out for you and your fishes!

Agree... sorry to hear about the bad luck. Kids will be kids. Hopefully everything pulls through OK.

Not sure if it was suggested already, but I suppose one good "learning experience" from this is why its good to have a premixed, preheated supply of saltwater ready at all times.

Any updates on your tank?

Checked my levels before going to bed

last night before going to bed readings

ammonia 0.0 ppm
nitrite 0.0pm
nitrates 10 ppm
PH 8.2
SG 1.024
water temp 78.9

This Morning

Ammonia 0.0 ppm
nitrite 0.0ppm
nitrate 5 ppm
ph 8.2
SG 1.024
water temp 79.5

My nitrates levels went up for the first time ever but was down this morning my fishes are looking like they are back to there normal state I was worried all night I though they were not going to make it, but they seem to be doing great...

oh and this was a little bit ago i took some video of them
Video of Fishes ok - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tank2379

I agree with Mike. I think you have lucked out. I would still keep a close eye on things and maybe do another PWC later this week.

Oh man, how did this turn out? I would say in this situation I would have just had my wife (if I had one!) mix enough salt water for a 50% PWC straight from tap water, that has to be better than whatever was in that mop! Then done a full change once I was home and as soon as I could make that much water.

Everything came out a OK no dramatic changes have occurred my Nitrates levels are back down to 0.0PPm and everything else at zero So pretty much they are as healthy as they were before the mop incident.... But I will be doing a PWC tomorrow since I already have SW ready since I lucked Out i didn't change it the day after because they didn't look as if they were in danger no longer...

hahahah.... Yeah it's tuff when you have a 3 year old and a 1 1/2 year old there all over the place....LOL... But yes hopefully it won't happen again... Well the funny thing about it is I asked my daughter why she put the mop into the Tank? She said because it was dirty Daddy and I wanted to clean it for you... I couldn't even be upset at her I just started laughting....LOL :)... I guess kids will be kids....

I know exactly what you mean. My son is 3 and he wants to help me with the tank. I have to make sure he understands that he can't help with the tank when I'm not around though.

I guess is either the kids or the fish, an easy decision really. I wonder if the LFS takes children...

If so my tank would never be thirsty for something new.... That would be a Lifetime supply of Maintenance credit... I would say $500,000 Credit line.....LOL... But sorry my Tank is not really worth my kids....LOL... Would be nice to have that type of credit thou....:D

I feel your pain my 3 year old dumped an entire bottle of flake food into my aquarium there was not saving it the only thing that survived was 1 hermit crab. I ended up doing a 100% water change and starting over.

Makes me understand the importance of a "first-aid" station for my aquarium!

Glad it worked out, and the fish (and daughter!) survived....

:cool:

... Well the funny thing about it is I asked my daughter why she put the mop into the Tank? She said because it was dirty Daddy and I wanted to clean it for you... I couldn't even be upset at her I just started laughting....LOL :)... I guess kids will be kids....

That's too cute. You're right... sometimes they say things that make you pee your pants and cry in frustration at the same time! (Says the father of a 7 year old and a 16 month old.)

Back
Top Bottom