Terrible situation...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sqasnatch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok guys so I had ich in my tank. I have had fish in my hospital tank for for 23 days with ich treatment... I just come home from a bit of drinking,, ( I was watching the Vancouver game.) and I find a mandarin swimming in my display tank. My mother decided to put a fish in my tank for me while I was out. So now I'm freaking out, she was trying to do a nice thing but now I'm worried I'll have to cycle my DT again and I'm worried the mandarin will get ich. And I read they can't tolerate medication.!,,!!

WHATDOIDO

go out drinking again?? do you have anywhere to move the mandarin??

I would just try to set up a QT asap.

5g of DT water and 5g of new SW.

LR from the DT + heater + something for waterflow

acclimate the mandarin to the QT. If it did get ich already, it'll be easier to do things like hyposalinity to help it compared to your DT.

What about being able to feed it. They need crazy amounts of pods. I could keep changing out the LR but I chance bringing in ich every time I do this. I want to pull my hair out right now . Lol

Iono very much about them, but only choices are to try to keep it or return it. Just depends on which way you want to go. I would personally return it, but that is because I'm no where near experience enough for one :(

Well. I am pretty sure I can handle one. My tank is 130 gallon and mature, and I culture live brine shrimp. But the ich situation is whats the problem. I've been told they are resistant to ich, but I find this hard to beleive

I'm not an ich expert so it'll be wise to have someone chime in also. From what I've learned from reading, I would do the hyposalinity and just change LR. Maybe buy pods if thats possible for you. Isn't the life cycle of ich 30 days? IF it is, it would lower the possibility of ich on the LR

I wouldn't put any of the DT live rock or DT water in the quarantine tank for fear that it could have ich left on or in it. A quarantine would be best but I wouldn't freak out just yet. Get him in his own tank for now and just monitor him. Hopefully he wasn't in the display tank long enough to get it. I'm rooting for him!

Back
Top Bottom