Test kit preference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokiums

Aquarium Advice Regular
What's everyone's preference for SW test kits? I'm putting together a 72 gallon reef tank, or it'll eventually become a reef tank in due time.

I use Lamotte and Seachem. A lot of our other members use Salifert. I have heard so many good things about Salifert that as soon as my kits run out, I am switching over.

I use Salifert and Seachem.. Seachem has awesome Customer Service however I feel that I can trust Salifert more... I am in the process of switching all my tests over to Salifert.. I should just do it all at once and buy the 209.00 master kit which includes all the tests... But I have spent enough money lately Better for me to do it slowly so the wife doesn't notice it as much..

HTH,
James

I originaly got red sea kits when i got my tank. Iswitched to salifert after asking your same question here. I Love 'em. They are very easy to use and very easy to read a deffinite result. They're worth every penny.

Thanks for all the great replies. I guess the concencise is go with salifert.

Thanks, again.

Any preference on where to purchase to the kit?

shop around on-line. you can usually find a decent price at one shop or another.

Seachem is #1. Most of their test kits come with a liquid regent standard to check the accuracy of the test kit with. Also everyone is always sold out of alot of Salifert kits so they can be hard to get. Mainly because Salifert is horrible a supply distributors.

Darin

www.captivereefs.com

I've been using fastest since I started my tank 14 months ago. It more or less came with the tank from my lfs and so far I've been happy with it.

That's my answer to the above Question; MY Question to all of you using Salifert and Seachem is: Am I missing something? My tests seem quick and easy and the results appear accurate. I'm running a fowlr tank. Do the other brands offer better accuracy or readability than my fastest?

I need to start testing for Phos and maybe alk, so before I go back to fasttest, I was hoping for a fit of advice.

I use Seachem for pH and Salifert for calcium and alkalinity. Tetra also makes good cheap kits for pH, nitrate, nitrite and ammonia. Salifert is IMO a little more accurate but around here in PA is harder to find than Seachem.

Back
Top Bottom