The 180 is up and running.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdogg85

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well my luck took a huge turn for the better. One of my neighbors caught word of my tank giring up and decided to pitch in. He's about 80 yrs old and decided he was ready to exit the hobby. So that in turn made our paths cross and I got 115lbs of 35 yr old live rock as well as the 65lbs from my 75g. An epic freebie it was. All my fish are now in the tank and I have the rock placed and set. Got two huge islands with a bridge and some other smaller pieces scattered about. Everyone is happy as a bug in a rug.

Now on to the questions.

The tank I got for free with all the accesories(lights, canopy, 2 monster wet/dry filters, and a octopuss extreme 12'' skimmer, misc. pumps, powerheads, etc.)

Currently I have my old 75 hooked up to one of the 3 bulkheads(1 1/2'')is It is water in through the filter sock, to the skimmer, through the lr rubble, and back to the tank.

My plan is to use the old wet/drys for chaeto houses. I want to run them in series(one overflows to the other). Should I have the water pass through the wet/drys first or should it go through my sump first.(I thought maybe going through the wet/drys first would eliminate and phosphate before it makes it to the sump)

If you guys believe this setup will work, I plan on hooking the bulkheads to a 3'' header and have that as my main feed to the sump and fuges.

I have the tank against a wall adjacent to a closet we don't use and went through the wall to the closet with my piping.

I can't get any pics because I decided to fell some trees in the backyard. Well, a 40 ft poplar decided to pay me back by landing on my deck and guess what just happened to be laying there? The camera. My gf decided she wanted some last pictures and just went inside to answer the phone. Needless to say, a few choice 3 and 4 letter word singles and combos could be heard throughout the neighborhood.

If you are still able to keep alive after hearing my life story, please post with your thoughts.

I haven't started any of this yet because this is like going from backyard mechanic to starfleet super what have I gotten myself into technician.

Back
Top Bottom