Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
The begining of a 55 FOWLR

Ok so before I begin anything I would like to get some input on my process that I'm looking to follow. I have a 55 gallon high tech planted that will be drained and cleaned out this weekend. Long story short co2 system decided to leak into the tank a little to fast and killed all inhabitants over night. The wife will not allow me to purchase anymore freshwater fish, she likes the fish in my 10g nano reef to much. I wont be going reef with this as I am not ready to invest the money in corals. So the process begins, I plan on dumping the tank this weekend and cleaning all equipment, heater, koralia 4 power head, Penn Plax Cascade 1500. I will be removing the background and spray painting the back of my tank since the backgrounds always peel. Once thats complete I'll be placing it back on the stand and begin the setup process. I will be adding about 70 lbs of live rock, I live in S FL so there is a place I can get great crusted rock for about $4 a lb. and a 4-6" sand bed. I will be adding the canister back but will only be putting chemi pure bags in all chambers as the biological will be in the tank and I don't want to have filter floss or anything like that. I didn't when I had my freshwater either was solely for chemical filtration. I havent come up with Clean up crew plans or stocking but would love some opinions. Definitely would love any recommendations on the tank set up to. Pictures will begin tonight with the current setup and breakdown begins tomorrow. Thanks in advance for the help.
jjonesrjc is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com