Okay, here goes...moving in three weeks about 30 minutes away...I'm gettin hitched in May
20 gallon tank with LR
, one clown, one firefish, and one yellow goby. I've heard here the concept of draining all but about 10 gallons from the tank, placing the 10 gallons of water I am taking out into 5 gallon buckets, then moving the entire tank in a car to the new location and setting it up there. Sounds benign and simple.
1) should the fish stay in the tank during the turbulent ride? should I move them to the buckets?
2) if they stay in the tank, the water will cloud up like crazy, will this kill my fish?
3) what are my time constraints? Do I have a clock on how long I can keep the tank water in the buckets before re-introducing it into the tank? It's very cold up here in NY.
4) what is the best way from keeping the tragedy of the tank cracking from occurring? The road there has several hills to climb and descend.
5) has anyone actually done this successfully? Share.
As always, thank you guys for being so great on here. This is the best website for advice on anything I've encountered.