Thin transparent tentacles on Live Rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KSum89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey whats up, i usually don't post here.. i mainly just browse these forums for more things to learn about saltwater tanks. Right now I just have 2 damsels and a peppermint shrimp with about 30 pounds of live rock in my 55 Gallon tank. But somethings bothering me.. I have quite a few of these long thin white/transparent tentacles throughout my tank in poking out through my live rock. I have no idea what it is, and i have been trying to look it up for the past few days. i give up googling, I know they aren't brittle stars because i found out i had 2 in my tank a month ago.
img3088ch.jpg

maybe a type of tube worm? i not even sure never seen it before

i went to that link and what picture kind of looks like SPIONID WORMS a type of tube worm google it and see if thats it

Thanks Teck, I have no idea either.. it may be a tube worm but im honestly lost! It couldn't be aptasia, because i dont see any of the brown like on Thincats posted website. + My Peppermint would've ate it like my transparent brown aptasia right?

The only thing i see similar to this is the SPIONID WORMS but whatever it is in my tank is not circular shaped like these. I have alot on one of my rocks, and just 1 poking out on another one, that i can see.

Whatever it is, It wont move when i hit it with my fingers..its soft. I was thinking, if its a living worm it would bury itself in the rock right? I had on aqua gloves of course, but they also have pointed ends..the spinoids have circular ends right? I googled them, i see similarities...but i still can't tell exactly.

But this is all new to me, im still learning and i know alot but things covering and on my live rock confuse me! I still don't know what those pink circular indentions are in my live rock pictured with the unknown transparent creatures.

now what those indents are im not sure but im pretty sure those other things are tube worms

Back
Top Bottom