This is what I have now..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

styles215

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is this to much..? Long nose hawk 2in, yellow tang 3in, hippo tang 1.5in, orangefin tang 3in, saddleback butterfly 4in, nemo 1in, marine betta 1in, 3 small chromis, cleaner wrasse, lawn mower Blenny, scooter Blenny, 2 fire fish, engineer goby 3in, cowfish 1in, mardarin goby small. Is this 2 much..? Had it for about a week everything looks good everyone gets along..

Not too much if you have a 200+ gallon tank, which I hope you do, or at least close to that.

You said "the last week", please tell me you didnt add 18 fish in one week?

I noticed you made 3 seperate threads for this, you should really only be making one. Also i agree with carey

No it's a 125g and I just added the marine betta and the orangefin and the saddleback.. And I got them like 2 days after one another.. But they all been in the same tank for about a week now

I'm with Carey. How long ago did you add the other fish? I responded in your other thread too

The cowfish is the one that screams out for a larger tank, check around and you'll see what I mean. Recommended for 250g tanks. The scooter, the mandarin and the butterfly are all very very difficult fish to keep, not much more to say about those guys other than good luck.

I had the mardarin for about 3-4 months n the scooter for 2 months

Four months is not a great way to "succeed" with them. I had my mandarin for several years and she recently died, I don't really think i had much success with her to be honest.

But again, keep an eye on those guys, if you have them eating prepared foods then nice job, or you got lucky. lol

I would say over stocked by a fair bit you really don't want that cow fish to be stressed either I'm pretty sure they can release a toxin into the tank that could wipe it out completely... What's your filtration also could we know your Params just to see how you bioload is coping with the fish

The tangs and betta get pretty decent sized.. The betta might get aggressive when it gets bigger.. Butterflys are hard to keep in general.. Did u get them at a LFS or online?

Yeah, not a good mix at all.
Keep them all together and eventually you will say goodbye to all the blennies and gobies, damsels and maybe even the wrasse as you watch your Betta get fatter.
Marine Betta's are groupers. Even though considered "dwarf", they still get bigger than most of the other fish you have and they have ENORMOUS mouths and will eat whatever can fit.
Your LFS did you a disservice if they sold you that combination of fish. :(

Back
Top Bottom