this LR look healthy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tank does not look that great, looks like a bit of an algae problem. The price is good for the LR. Not sure if I would get the sand or not. You could scrub and rinse the LR in SW and QT it for a few weeks to make sure the algae issue is taken care of. I would offer 150 for the LR only. Also, make sure you get a good history on the tank prior to purchase. Why is the seller selling, any chemicals ever used to treat the tank or livestock. Good luck!

Looks very close to 100+ lbs depending on the type and the algae is bad but can be dealt with as Lando described.

If the salt is in good shape (i.e. not clumped) then I'd get that as well since it runs around $35. Sand is not worth the headache. Didn't see any life in the photos but since the seller states that the tank has crabs/hermits/snails in it more then likely it was never treated with copper.

Looks like a decent deal IMO.

I think it looks pretty good and the algea can be dealt with as the others have said. I also agree with offering lower at first.

thx for the input. i have a question tho. u said the LR was worth it,but not the LS. i can rinse and scrub the LR in a QT tank,but why not LS?

this will be my 1st tank with LR and LS so i have many noob questions.

Because sand is relatively cheap compared to lr. The odds of it containing anything harmful is unlikely but it's not worth the hassle of having to throughly rinse it out versus just buying new.

I totally agree that it`s not worth the hassle. Get new sand and seed it with a little of the old sand.

Back
Top Bottom