thoughts about a fuge...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevefromga2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was just doing some reading, and i started looking at refugiums. i was curious how beneficial pods are to a tank? the reason is i was thinking that if they are beneficial enough, then i could possibly look into getting a HOB fuge for raising pods. i read that to raise pods, an extra light source is not needed, and basically it's just like my main tank. i just want to make sure that there really is a good use for extra pods, and also that setting up a fuge is not going to break my wallet. i know fish eat pods, but is that it? and will the pods come from out of my fuge and into my main tank?

i had read that, but it says in the section about what to put into a refugium that a pod fuge does not even require to be lit. should i still try to get a small light for the fuge also?

how long is your fuge? i was only thinking about something that was about 12-15 inches long.

does anybody know where to buy a HOB refugium? how about an entire kit?

actually that is what i was looking for. i couldn't find it earlier, and i didn't do a search, i was just browsing. i want the aquafuge HOB fuge, not sure if i want the small one or the medium one, i'll have to measure my tank. yeah, your fuge is bigger than my main tank. my tank is just under 40 gallons. thanks.

If you cant do an under the tank ok, however I would highly recomend using macro algae. You can get a screw in 65 watt PC for very cheap from a hardware store.

Very good for nutrient removal in conjunction with other maintenence.

Back
Top Bottom