Thoughts on stocking a 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akasha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Guys - I am looking for some ideas on stocking my 55 FOWLR. My quarantine tank is ready for a friend. After my ich nightmare, my main tank has been fishless for 2 months. Right now I have 3 snails, 3 hermits, 2 Sallylightfoot crabs and 2 peppermint shrimp.

I would love your thoughts on stocking. I would prefer to have more fish than not, so I am thinking a more peaceful setup.

Thanks!

Well let`s see where to start. Maybe a clown fish to start with. Since this is going to be a non reef tank a dwarf angel would be nice next. Maybe a coral beauty or a flame angel. Third might be a pink spotted goby. Just some ideas.

a pair of black and white oscellaris would be cool-
images

and maybe a pair or trio of pearly jawfish (need a good sand bed for these 3" + IMO, and also a tight fitting lid, due to them always ending up on the carpet)

i like the flame angel idea also.

+1 for the Hawkfish idea. I had a flame hawkfish in my 55, he was by far the coolest to watch hop around the tank.

Hawkfish is OK but you wont be able to have shrimp in the tank. They will be toast to the hawkfish.

Back
Top Bottom