Tiny White Bugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duddi

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have tiny white/clear bugs crawling on my glass. They are about the size of a grain of sand. I also have white looking eggs stuck to my glass. They are about twice the size of the bugs. I recently put snails and crabs in my tank (2 weeks ago). Are the snails laying eggs? Are the bugs little baby snails? If so how do I get rid of them or should I get rid of them? I don't want a tank full of snails!!

do they look like worms? i remember when i first set up my tank and put some critters in there, i had what looked like an infestation of little white worm looking things. never found out what they were, but i got a couple extra chromis and they went to town eating them. also, my coral banded shrimp took care of the ones that lived within my rocks. they didn't eat all of them, some still live within my CC. HTH

They look like little fleas. They are moving around on glass and they are alot on top of the water. Don't have any fish yet. I hope they don't multiply like crazy.

I also have white looking eggs stuck to my glass.
Ok, can yoy get a pic? Sounds like the snails laid eggs, possibly.. (if no pics, what is the design of of the "eggs"?
I have tiny white/clear bugs crawling on my glass.
A pic would help a lot.
Sounds like possible "pods", if so, they could be great, but pics would help.

I will try to get a picture when I get home tonight. They are so small I doubt they would show up in a picture. If the eggs are snails does that mean that my tank is going to be swarmed with snails soon?

I agree the bugs are more than likely harmless and beneficial copepods. The things that look like snail eggs are also probably snails eggs (are they in a line, btw?) and no, they won't make it more than likely. Especially with fish and hermit crabs in the tank, if any.

Back
Top Bottom