Tiny white bugs on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin Polap

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, I was just looking at my fishtank and I noticed these tiny white bugs on my glass scooting around, can anyone tell me what these are? Should I be worried?

Thanks mike, do you recommend any fish or invertebrates to eat them up? I'm not sure what to put in there seeing as I have a grouper tank and I'm not sure what to put in that won't get eaten by them :p

Are they white circles with different number of legs branching off of them (looks like a sun)?

I did have those yes, but today when was looking at the tank, those little Sun looking things were gone and there were bugs everywhere. What were those sun looking things?

are these the guys?
img_1221071_0_094323d555f9b864f50ddc42fe2f0e7a.jpg

Its hard to say X, they look smaller than that and not as many legs all around them, more roundish and the size of a grain of sand, thanks
kevin

I thought those sun-looking specs were coralline, but I found a picture of what I'm talking about, and they say it's a hydroid. Do you have these?

hydroid.jpg

I have a new tank that has the same thing. Will they continue to live in the tank or eventually die off.

Back
Top Bottom