Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #161
Aquarium Advice Addict

I hope its not Ich too. That is the last thing I want as soon as I finally got fish into this tank. I'm just not getting why this move would stress it more than being yanked out of the old 240g and then being put into a 45g with a Lion. Seems like this move would be stress- free in comparison.

Regarding the Lion...I've been feeding silversides and shrimp (uncooked from deli counter ). He did not need tongs... He saw me coming and would swim up to where I would drop it in. He did a. 5-6 day hunger strike once , but never looked bad. This time, he is not eating and looks bad.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #162
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hoping the lion gets better. That is a bummer to say the least. Hope he starts eating soon which would be a tremendous help in him healing. You might try tongs for now to see if holding food right in front of him may help. You never know, but worth a shot.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #163
Aquarium Advice Addict

The Lion is still not eating. I'm hoping it is just another hunger strike, but am not holding my breath.

The Singapore looked fine after work yesterday and fine this morning. I'm keeping an eye on her. Would hate to QT and do two months fallow if it is not Ich. If the spots were there all the time, I would feel more confident about an Ich diagnosis. The two Chromis are fine and all three are eating and acting normal.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #164
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

But the life cycle of ich puts it in the sandbed or invisible to the human eye. All we see is the cist phase.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #165
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know. But the life cycle is not that it appears in the morning, disappears a few hours later and then reappears the next morning...and then only for two mornings. That is what has me baffled. Especially considering that the previous owner said it had never shown signs of anything and that I had it in a holding tank for over two months with no signs of anything. It is not like anything I have seen, or read about. Ich seems the closest due to the spots, but the rest does not add up.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #166
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I'm agreed that it is odd. No bullying either you said. I'm sure it'll pass whatever it is.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #167
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, the Singapore is kinda the bully, but that was just prior to moving everyone from the holding tank to the 240g.

I will not be adding new fish for a while, so that gives me time to observe more. I frequently am giving advice on treating fish, so of course I end up with something odd in my tank.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #168
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I always stay away from sick fish topics. Now treating a clam, that's easy.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #169
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Very strange Todd. I wish I had an answer . If it were me I would put the angel in hypo . If it breaks out in ich then you know you have to go fallow with the Dt. If not then it was something else . JMO though. Hope you get it figured out soon .
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #170
Aquarium Advice Addict

Its funny, but I was just thinking about putting it in my hexagon tank that is empty now and doing hypo. If its Ich, or something else, it goes away. It just leaves the DT questionable, as I would leave the two Chromis in there. I guess if it did break out, I could grab them too. Hmmm...240g with about 275. Lbs of rock...catching them should take no time at all.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com