Todd's 240g Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That order did not arrive last weekend and of course both fish are not on the new supplier list. I was not happy, but apparently the supplier overseas decided a three month vacation was in order and neglected to tell all of his buyers.

I did add the Blonde Naso into the. 240g last night. It has not been shy at all. It was out this morning swimming with the others and totally ignored the Yellow Tang last night that was being a little aggressive after the introduction. I will try to get pics up later...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks. They are still doing great and I'm hoping this one does better than my last.

I'm going out tomorrow to get live rock and sand for my son's 60g that I am finally setting up. I'm getting the live rock for $1 a pound from a guy who has a 3000g reef tank (With over 3000lbs of rock). He decided to go from all live rock to the fake "Tanked" style look. I've also got someone going to a supplier and hopefully getting me a Lyretail.Hog, Harlequin Tusk or some kind of Large Angel juvenile. Lots of driving tomorrow...

Some days are just better than others. I got $77lbs of live rock at $1lb (filled a 60g). Then I went to an old LFS that I have not been to for a long time. I walk in and there is a big Magnificent Foxface. I think "impressive, but going to be too much" so I just keep walking. They had nothing else, so as I am getting ready to walk out, I look at the tank and they have a "spinefoot Foxface" for $49.99 in that tank, except there is no spinefoot in there. I ask if the Mag is $49 and the owner says yes. I could not get my wallet out fast enough. They've had it a month, eats great and it has to be full grown 8-9"!

Nice man! I cant see the pic of the fish, says it was removed.

Not sure why it was removed. This is the pic I took at the store. That $49.99 on the tank was the price.

Holy crud that's a steal! Beautiful looking magnificent foxface

I could not believe it when I saw the price. I had almost purchased a bicolor Foxface at the store I had just gone to, so I'm glad I waited.

And the deals just keep coming...My coral/zoa grower guy got a Purple Tang a couple days ago. He has decided he doesn't want it, so he will trade me for my Yellow Tang!

It sure is. I was going to pull the Yellow to avoid problems and buy the Purple and he decided to just trade. Works for me. :)

And the deals just keep coming...My coral/zoa grower guy got a Purple Tang a couple days ago. He has decided he doesn't want it, so he will trade me for my Yellow Tang!
Did he say why? Yellow tang=$8 wholesale, and purples are like $70....
I also find the yellows to be way more territorial than the purples....odd decision!

I was the person that told him about it on CL. He traded the seller (who he knew) for live rock and a little cash. Apparently his other fish have been picking on it, so he does not want it in there constantly being harassed.

This is the guy that gives me Zoas to hold in case his system ever crashes and I let him frag my Zoas to add to his collection, so we swap stuff from time to time. He services tanks too, so I'm guessing he has someone that wants the Yellow.

I added the Magnificent Foxface last night. So far, so good...already eating and hanging out with the Tangs. The Blue Jaw Trigger is hiding out more than usual, so maybe they got into it last night?

If all goes as planned today, the Yellow Tang is coming out and I'm getting the Purple Tang.

I'm still undecided about the Cherub Angel. I know its reef safe, so might put it into the 60g, but part of me also wants him in the 240g. I hate these decisions....

Well, after an hour long chase and having to remove about half the rock out of my 240g, I got the Yellow Tang. Hate to see it go, but can't pass on the opportunity to get a Purple. I just got home with the Purple and will get better pics later. Kinda pale now due to stress...

This is really turning into a dream fish tank for me. I'm not one to spend tons of money on a single fish. The Magnificent Foxface was just absolute dumb luck at $50 and this Purple for a Yellow is insane too. I just put it in and it is not shy. I figure this other guy had it for a while in a tank that never had any disease, so it should be okay (I know, famous last words). It Immediately went to the other fish and they are playing "who's the boss" now. This Purple is about 5-6" too, so a good size and chunky/healthy looking.

I added some more rock (the blinding white in the pics) about 25 lbs, as it was too much for my son's 60g that I'm setting up. We added sand today...looks like milk, even after rinsing several times. Got a Fiji Blue Spot Puffer in QT as his first fish. I will start a new thread on that soon...got a Midas Blenny for my other son's 28g yesterday too.

Back
Top Bottom