Todd's 240g Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like you need a FOWLR. :)

The Blue Spot is a crazy looking fish. I'd like one in my 240g, but I'm not sure how it would go being so small compared to what most others I have planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Got a little better shot of the new group...

The Blue Jaw Trigger is still being kinda shy around the Mag and Purple, but it has always kinda been that way.

I just cam across this thread, and am really enjoying it so far. I love your Purple Tang, beautiful fish! How are things going with the tank? I hope all is well!

I am following along. :)

I just got a blue throat as well. He's not shy towards the fish, but he will dart into the rock whenever I get too close to the tank. Unless of course there's food in the water column- then he'll take his chances.

I just cam across this thread, and am really enjoying it so far. I love your Purple Tang, beautiful fish! How are things going with the tank? I hope all is well!

I am following along. :)

I just got the a Purple recently in a trade for my Yellow Tang. I'm still amazed that they traded even, but so far it's been a model citizen. I'm hoping to add another fish or two within the next couple weeks and then I think I am going to focus on the other three tanks for a while.

Thanks for following.

I just got a blue throat as well. He's not shy towards the fish, but he will dart into the rock whenever I get too close to the tank. Unless of course there's food in the water column- then he'll take his chances.

Yeah, my Blue Throat is a loner most of the time, but has no issue at feeding time. I had one years ago that was always out with the other fish, so I guess you never know what you will get. They are great fish either way though.

I just got the a Purple recently in a trade for my Yellow Tang. I'm still amazed that they traded even, but so far it's been a model citizen. I'm hoping to add another fish or two within the next couple weeks and then I think I am going to focus on the other three tanks for a while.

Thanks for following.

Wow! The price of a Yellow definitely is a great price for a Purple, great LFS! I am glad the Purple has been a model citizen! I read somewhere before that they can be more aggressive than other Zebrasoma Tangs, but I have never had one before so I am not sure.

Oooh! New fish are always exciting, keep us updated! :dance:

The Yellow for a Purple was kind if a long/strange trade. I know a guy that grows/ frags/sells Zoas and does tank maintenance/setups. We kinda help each other out at times. Someone he knew had posted the Purple on Craigslist. I texted him about it and apparently that guy selling the Tang owed him. My guy didn't want the Purple, as it had been aggressive, but he wanted a yellow, so the trade kinda formed and everyone kinda won. I got the best deal, IMO. :)

I'm hoping to get two of the following soon (plans rarely work out though)...Lyretail Hogfish, Harlequin Tusk and/or a juvenile (maybe two) Large Angel (Blue Ring, Queen, Emp are my first choices). We shall see what is available...

Tusks are all cool, but the Aussies really are a nicer looking specimen. I think it is going to depend what is available the weekend I order. The guy I plan to order through goes to the Wholesalers in Los Angeles, so stock varies weekly. I'm kinda hoping for an Aussie Tusk and the Lyretail Hogfish and then do two juvie large angels the next time so they can be introduced the same time.

I've been insanely lucky lately. Got the Purple tang for a $20 yellow. Got a big Magnificent Foxface mislabeled at the LFS for $50 (probably should have been 2x that or more). Got the injured Borbonious Anthias for free last year. That's probably $450+ (retail) for a about $70.

Ya my lfs gets magnificent fox faces that size in and they sell them for $150.

I'm pretty sure my Blue Throat Trigger is gone. I realized earlier this week that it was not coming over when I feed, but it hid out a lot, so I was not too worried. I have not seen it since Sunday, so I'm not holding my breath. I have no idea why. Everything is normal with parameters and the other fish are totally fine. I'm bummed, but am already thinking I will try to find a pair of them in the future, which was my original gameplan anyways.

I'm pretty sure my Blue Throat Trigger is gone. I realized earlier this week that it was not coming over when I feed, but it hid out a lot, so I was not too worried. I have not seen it since Sunday, so I'm not holding my breath. I have no idea why. Everything is normal with parameters and the other fish are totally fine. I'm bummed, but am already thinking I will try to find a pair of them in the future, which was my original gameplan anyways.

Hey Todd,
I'm sorry about the Triggerfish.

Sorry about the trigger. Only people in the hobby understand how you get attached to these animals. We are responsible for their survival.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I found the Trigger behind the tank on the carpet. There must have been some kind of blue throat trigger jump day as I read that Mr X's jumped recently too. I guess it is time to add egg crate to the rear portion of this tank.

Yeap....sorry Todd. I hate when that happens.

It's crazy to me that that two jumped probably within days of one another. My last one lived for years and MV got him with the rest of the tank.

I need to find a pair now...

Back
Top Bottom