Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2014, 03:34 AM   #241
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wish you good luck man!

Old 05-09-2014, 03:49 AM   #242
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks like a good build I wish I could do a 240 but I don't think I could afford it right now. Can't wait to see the tank progress

Old 05-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #243
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's been frustrating so far. Got it set up then the first one cracked when replacing the top brace. Get a new one and get a bunch of free fish and they all come down with some mystery ailment that I still show people pics of and nobody has a clue what it was. It's been fallow since mid-January, so I'm hoping for some better luck this time around.

I think that the good of all of this was that had these things not happened, I probably would not have set up a reef tank yet. I'm almost as excited about that right now as this tank. My last reef tank was a while ago, back when everything was not online and so readily available. You added whatever the LFS had at the time and there was not endless availability a click away.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:44 AM   #244
Aquarium Advice Addict

A little over a week in for the Orange Spot Rabbitfish and Chromis and both are looking good. I had crazy amounts of algae growing on a few rocks and a big portion of the back wall, from where sunlight hits during the day. The Rabbitfish picked it clean in the first few days. It is amazing how much he ate.

I am leaning towards adding Angels next, before the Tangs. I want a juvenile Majestic, some kind of dwarf (too many decisions, maybe a Multicolor if I can find one) and I am considering a Potters, although I've heard they are tough to keep.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #245
Aquarium Advice Addict

Potters arnt that bad feed a good quality food mix made for angels i had mine for 14 years Just add it last as they can be snotty. Mine passed about a month ago and im thinking of adding another one. Waiting for another juvi though.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #246
Aquarium Advice Addict

14 years ain't bad...wow. I think I will give it a try and will take your advice on adding it last.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #247
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got lucky with him i got it when it was about 1 inch and it grew to about 5 inches never touched any of my coral either

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #248
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
A little over a week in for the Orange Spot Rabbitfish and Chromis and both are looking good. I had crazy amounts of algae growing on a few rocks and a big portion of the back wall, from where sunlight hits during the day. The Rabbitfish picked it clean in the first few days. It is amazing how much he ate.

I am leaning towards adding Angels next, before the Tangs. I want a juvenile Majestic, some kind of dwarf (too many decisions, maybe a Multicolor if I can find one) and I am considering a Potters, although I've heard they are tough to keep.
blue zoo has both in stock a tad pricy though
Old 05-23-2014, 01:07 AM   #249
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
blue zoo has both in stock a tad pricy though

Thankfully, I have found a couple people that sell corals and fish for about half retail prices (at least for stores in my area). They can get whatever I want as long as the suppliers have it when they go.

I got a text today from one saying his supplier had a juvenile Queen Angel. I almost went with it, but decided to wait for a juvenile Majestic (which are apparently more rare). I'm considering a male Blue Jaw Trigger or possibly a mimic Eibli Tang for this weekend...not sure yet...having both tanks starting up, I'm also considering getting something for the 60g cube. I've got someone that owes me some money, so I think I will be making a few purchases once that cash comes in. I overthink this stuff too much and kill myself trying to make decisions.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #250
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ended up with a juvenile Blue Face Angel for $50. I put it in my holding tank and so far, so good. It is eating frozen Mysis and nibbled on some nori this morning. Very curious fish too. If I walk up to the tank, it will dart behind the rocks, but immediately comes back out and will actually come right up to where I am. I'm going to watch it for about 3-4 weeks and then add it to my 240g. I will see if I can get a good picture later today. Can't wait to watch the transformation. It is amazing how much they change in appearance over time.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com