Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #261
Aquarium Advice Addict

The BlueFace and Yellow are doing fine now. Each day the aggression took a step down. They almost ignore each other now. Both are eating what I throw in and show no signs of anything, so I will likely get them in the 240g is a couple weekends. After the bad start with tank, it is exciting to have things go smoothly this time around.

I'm still trying to decide whether to go with two more Tangs next or I'm thinking maybe another Tang (blonde Naso) and a dwarf angel...after the next round I am looking at a Harlequin Tusk, Blue Jaw Trigger and am considering a Lyretail Hogfish.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #262
Aquarium Advice Addict

I added the juvenile Blue Face Angel and the Yellow Tang last night. Both looked good while in QT for observation...put them in a little sooner than usual, but did not want to keep them in a smaller tank for too long. Everyone ate Mysis this morning and was looking good, so my fingers are crossed. I've got them in with one green Chromis and the Orange Spot Rabbitfish. I'm still up in the air for the next purchases, but the hit list is looking like... Lyretail Hogfish, Potters Angel, Mimic Eibli Tang, blonde Naso Tang, Blue Jaw Trigger, Harlequin Tusk, Banana Wrasse (going in last). I'm kinda leaning towards the Tusk and Potters next, then the Tangs, then the Trigger and Hog and lastly the Banana Wrasse and maybe a Flame Hawk.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 06-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #263
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Can't wait to see pictures Todd!
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #264
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got home and all four fish are hanging out together. The Chromis was always up top, so could not get it in the shot...
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...9DAA5BC5_1.jpg
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...C9494E212E.jpg

Old 06-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #265
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nice to see all the hard work starting to pay off, I hope things continue to go well

Old 06-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #266
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Looks great Todd! Glad to hear everything is finally coming together.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #267
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, the bad luck continues...looked at the fish yesterday as they were eating nori and the Blue Face Angel looked like it had areas on it's body where the skin was scraped. Hard to describe, but like if you took a knife to it and scraped areas that looked discolored. Did not look like anything raised off the body and no white spots or patches. Woke up this morning and originally did not see it, but then found it "swimming" upside down and looking near dead. I pulled it and put it into my QT tank, but I'm not thinking it will be alive when I get home from work. It had been eating, looked fine, nothing out of the ordinary.

The Yellow Tang (yesterday) had some white patches on its fins and a few white spots. Nothing this morning. This scares me because it seems very much like what happened with the last set of fish late last year. Did not look like Ich or anything I had ever seen... The spots came and went for a few days, then cleared up for a few days and a few days later all the fish started dying and the big Tangs had weird markings.

The Rabbitfish and Chromis look fine.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:30 AM   #268
Aquarium Advice Addict

The Blue Face did not make it. The Tang has a couple white patches on it's fins, but does not look like a pimple, more cottony (just not raised much off the fin). The other two look totally fine.

I'm beyond bummed right now. Not sure if it's a case of a new fish just not making it or if something is back in the tank and the others will follow.

Looks like my upcoming fish shopping is going to be for the 60g cube.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #269
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fingers crossed...the Yellow Tang is still looking okay today. A little white on one fin and one fin almost looks like it was nibbled on. Eating fine, cruising around with the Orange Spot Rabbitfish and Chromis. Maybe the Angel was just a casualty of being a new addition? Time will tell...

Got a Chalk Bass for the 60g cube while buying salt today. Doing a big water change on the. 240 g this weekend and a regular change on the cube.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #270
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Chalk bass are great fish. I loved the one I had in my 36.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com