Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-29-2013, 02:23 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think a 10g is the largest I will be able to squeeze in there, but I may be able to shorten between tank one and tank two. I glued everything into the bulkheads though, so I'd end up replacing four, which stinks after having already replaced all of them from the last guy's hack job. I may put something between the stand and the wall in the corner. Nobody will see anything there anyways.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:20 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Newbie

That is a sweet tank! Well done!

Old 10-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I am going to have to lean about tank plumbing one day! I want to go bigger and not knowing how to do all the plumbing can't be good for me. LOL

Is it amazing how replacing a few broken boards and adding a fresh coat of paint can turn an old used tank into a almost brand new looking tank? I am following along Todd! Post more Pics! :-p
Old 10-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

I agree with baron... plumbing needs to be learned preferrably before i start on my 90g build with a 50g sump! Scary how I know less than nothing about plumbing...
Old 10-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

I really know nothing about plumbing. It's just the basic idea of getting the lengths correct for the drains and return lines. This is my first tank with this kind of setup. I've always either had canister filters (old days) or built-in filtration that came with my acrylic tanks.

I will post more pics later today. Last night I got my Brute trash can (that was holding live rock that came with this tank)) emptied and into the tank. Still have lots more rock in my two other tanks and a trash can full of sand that I'm going to try and get in tonight.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My 120 gallon is going to just have a Wet Dry filter with a return pump. :-p Hang on the Back overflow and a return pump, that's it. I am almost done with the hood, and once I do the hood I will start working on the stand! I hope to be up and running in the middle of December!
Old 10-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Loving the sheer size of that sump or sumps lol. Talk about an increase in water volume. I would have done something similar on my build but I decided to utilise the extra space I have next to my sump for a QT. I like the idea of having everything in one place so I can keep an eye on it all.

When's it gonna be wet????? Exiting!

Fish: Moorish Idol, Powder Blue Tang, Hippo Tang, J Emperor Angel, 3 Chromis, 2 Black & White Clowns, Yellow Tang,
begginersluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

It is full and running now...lots of live rock in already and more to come tonight (with sand). In sure I will be messing around with the aquascaping for days.

The only bummer about the sump/fuge is that there is a lot of "wasted space"...both of the CPR tanks are divided in two, with a larger and smaller side. Both of the smaller sides face each other and short of adding water volume, don't do much.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I think with a tank this size you're not too bothered about a few extra litres.

Good to hear its up and running.

What fish are you hoping to have in this setup?

Fish: Moorish Idol, Powder Blue Tang, Hippo Tang, J Emperor Angel, 3 Chromis, 2 Black & White Clowns, Yellow Tang,
Old 10-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just paid attention to what your profile picture is. Just got one of these fish!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com