Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-28-2014, 09:12 PM   #361
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by audifusion View Post
Good luck with the clown tang, those guys literally just rip around the tank all day, pretty cool fish , hope he isn't a bully

This guy said it got along with everything in the tank he broke down. It had a Yellow Tang, Picasso Clown, a couple Dottybacks, a Copperband Butterfly (that I may get later) and a few others. All in a 90g. If it ever gets out of line, it's going back and my guy can sell it. I've known people that had them and they were model citizens and I've also heard all the horror stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 10-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #362
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, the Clown Tang did not come as part of the deal, but I am getting the Copperband (which is apparently big and eats frozen Mysis). I've also got them on the lookout for a male Blue Jaw Trigger and some kind of juvenile Angel (Emp, Blue Ring, Majestic). I hope to have them all by the end of the month.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #363
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Well might be for the best with the clown. Seems you have a great path without it though.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #364
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's one of those things that I wanted to try and see how it went, but more because it was free. It is probably best it took this turn.

The Copperband has been in someone's tank for about a year that supposedly has never had any disease, but my coral guy has it in a QT tank now just to see if the stress from the move triggers anything. I'm giving the CB idea this one last try and if it dies, I am done with them.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:37 PM   #365
Aquarium Advice Addict

Long time, no updates because not much new to report. Decided against the CB.

I've been focused on getting my son's 28 and 60 done. The 28 is up with water and is serving as a QT for a Convict Tang I got last weekend. I started a new thread in the Members section. The gameplan is to QT this Tang then throw into the 240. I'm hoping my fish guy can grab some other fish this weekend. We will see.

I've also decided to convert part of my three tank sump/fuge into a QT under the 240. I have two converted CPR acrylic wet/dry sumps and am going to use the first for QT, cap that off so it is separate and let the tank water dump into the tank that holds my simmer now and that will go into what holds my fuge and return pump.

Here's the Convict "Capone"...
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...8DCD4CB841.jpg
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...84DD1C3945.jpg

Old 12-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #366
Aquarium Advice Addict

Todd's 240g Build

Well, it was a rough week...this Convict made it a couple days in QT before getting what looked like two scrapes on it's side. I think those got infected and it was dead by a week. I'm not happy, as it just seemed like dumb luck. My Spotted Rabbitfish that I've had about 10 months died in the 240 too. Looked totally fine, had been acting fine, eating, nothing abnormal. The Longnose hawk and yellow tang are still fine.

On the up side, I found a little warehouse in Los Angeles that sells fish for pretty cheap. I got this Blue Jaw for $35. The guy that picked it up for me got a Magnificent Foxface for $60 (he actually got two) and they threw in a free Coral Beauty and Christmas Wrasse. I've got them working on my juvenile Blue Ring Angel, Harlequin Tusk and Lyretail Hogfish.
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...CA7B41A2_1.png

Old 12-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #367
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

That's a beauty buddy. Great find.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:26 AM   #368
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks. It's doing good so far too. Eating Mysis and table shrimp. Getting a little more brave, but I still can't get a better close up shot.

I'm hoping to get out this place next week. They are running a deal where if you spend $100, you get a Christmas wrasse and Coral Beauty. Kind of random, but I plan on spending that much anyways.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #369
Aquarium Advice Addict

Todd's 240g Build

I put the Blue Jaw in the 240 yesterday and after spending the entire day and night in the back corner, it came out and ate shrimp this morning. He had me worried yesterday, so this was a huge relief.

I got a really nice looking big Tomini Tang on the 26th. I am still looking for a Lawnmower Blenny for the 60g, but of course they are never around when I want one. If I can find one by next weekend, that will go in the 60, if not, the Tomini might go in to clean for a couple weeks and then into the 240g. We will see...

Old 12-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #370
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That's one nice Tomini! It's slowly finally coming together Todd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com