Todd's 240g Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I did a closed loop, I would need another hole for the intake to the pump and I'm not sure I want to drill into the tank...never done it before and seeing the one tank crack kinda spooked me.

I think I am just going to run the top outlets from my Rio and just keep the lowers non- functional for now and maybe replace the Rio with something larger at some point.

you have 2 extra holes correct? just plumb a reducer into one and run it to the pumps intake. then plumb the output to the other drilled hole

Decided to just go with the upper returns and will likely use the bottoms later with a separate pump.

It is finally all cleaned up and I am going to add water, sand and rock tomorrow...

image-3028591291.jpg

image-2394553788.jpg

image-1707983285.jpg

Attachments

• image-506154847.jpg
    image-506154847.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 168
Can't catch a break...put water in today, filled up about a third and everything was fine , no leaks. Filled up another third and put some water into the center overflow chamber and one of the 2" drain bulkheads has a tiny leak. Took that off, re cleaned and re tightened and even threw some sealant around it. Gonna give it a couple days to dry and water test it again.

I did get all the live rock out of the Brute cans and into the tank. Put my Hydors in for circulation. At least it looks like I got something done. :)

image-1471465454.jpg

Looking good. :) dont stress the leak, took me three days to find and fix my one bulkhead leak. **** chromis got into the overflow and I had to disassemble it to get them out. Lol.

As long as your tank isnt leaking. :)

I dread every day, no lie, that one of my tanks will leak. Especially the 125g with the chipped corner and bad brace. Cannot wait to get rid of it, then I hopefully wont stress it anymore. That and the sump flooding, my two biggest fears.

One of my favorite clinical assignments as a counselor was out of a workbook called don't sweat the small stuff. Great stuff. Did it myself and can get punched in the head and not worry about it. I apply this to my tank. I love my tank, but if it is an out for our emotions it can't overwhelm what it is ment to relieve. Whatever happens happens, and worse case I'll end up with a bigger tank! Horay homeowners insurance!

One of my favorite clinical assignments as a counselor was out of a workbook called don't sweat the small stuff. Great stuff. Did it myself and can get punched in the head and not worry about it. I apply this to my tank. I love my tank, but if it is an out for our emotions it can't overwhelm what it is ment to relieve. Whatever happens happens, and worse case I'll end up with a bigger tank! Horay homeowners insurance!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I'm not stressed over it, just frustrated that it is taking so long to get things up and running. This second tank is much nicer than the original and I know it will work out in the long run. I know saltwater is all about patience... :)

I'm not stressed over it, just frustrated that it is taking so long to get things up and running. This second tank is much nicer than the original and I know it will work out in the long run. I know saltwater is all about patience... :)
Have you considered getting some help from your LFS? $75-$95 per hour for 2-5 hours might be worth it.

Help with what? First tank cracked due to someone else not knowing what they were doing. This newer tank had a leak that I sealed, just gotta wait for that sealant to dry. It's all under control, just taking a lot longer than originally planned. I'd have fish in already if it were not for that crack. :)

waiting for sealant to fully cure is the worst! if someone could invent quick-curing sealant theyd be a billionaire

Can't wait to see this beast up and running huma...would love to have a 200+ gal tank but waiting to move to a bigger place and even got the go ahead from the wife for it too....want to do a reef but probably will do a fowler predator tank instead...reef tank will be crazy expensive for me at that size unless I used my bio cube to start a bunch of frags and swap them over...plus predator and coral coexistence limits me on fish types :(

waiting for sealant to fully cure is the worst! if someone could invent quick-curing sealant theyd be a billionaire

Agreed. :)

I've got rock in and plan to start aquascaping and possibly add sand tonight. I figure I will have everything ready and just add the rest of the water and fire the sump/ fuge up on Wednesday.

I dosed with ammonia this morning and will see how that reads when I get home . I am hoping to still have a lot of BB survivors, but want to see...

this isnt my build thread but i already have a 125 and 72 up. sad part is the misses already accepted that once we move in early 2015 i am putting in a 300g+ reef... ahhh just the thought gets me anxious.

Naw...even with all the headaches, I still have to do it myself. :) I got most of the sand in tonight... will put the rest in tomorrow. Started some aquascaping, but I am not liking some of it, so I'm hoping to finish that up tomorrow as well.

I keep changing my mind on Angels...I plan to do two Large...it's between a Queen, Annularis, Magnificent and/or Scribbled. The second and third can't go together.

Back
Top Bottom