Tom toms 120g build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom-tom

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi there the time has come to upgrade :) as we have a new house I thought It was only fair my fish get a new home right??

Anyways my little guys are in my 65g at my inlaws, to move them over to the new one, do take the fish out put them in a bucket, then put all my live rock in a plastic container with some fresh salt water, then drain the tanks water into containers.

Then use new substrate on my new tank, fill it up with my other tank water, obviously it would only fill it half way, and top it up with new salt water, add the rock, then the fish. Phew...

Will this cause a mini cycle or should it all be honkey dory?

My 65 has been up and running for 6 months

The fish will be in a bucket for about 4 hours by the time I've set it all up and moved it.

Man I'm excited :)

It honestly depends on how long your rock is out of water. If you keep it submersed and get no die off.. You may not have much of a cycle. We moved a 5 year old tank and had very little of anything. We reused 75-80% of our water and nothing really touched air. Keep everything warm, the fish aerated and you may be fine. Just make sure you keep testing afterward. Congrats on the new tank!

Well ordered a bigger uv steriliser went for one that does 600 litres, all new bulbs for the lights got 4 t5's 2 White 2 blue, that seemed to work well on the 65g,

I was wondering, I have 25kg of live rock at the moment, I would like to double that in the new tank, by buying more rock for the new tank, if i put it straight in the new tank with the old rock, will that create a mini cycle or a full blown one? I don't want that to happen as it's my birthday on Sunday and my mrs is getting me a juvenile emperor angel for my birthday, and a small yellow tang, ( ready for the new tank).

The new tank will be here Friday!!!! Woop woop it's a rena 465 litre in walnut ( as all my furniture is in walnut) it's about 1510mm wide by 510mm deep and just the tank is 700mm deep, mite have to grow my arm a little to reach the bottom lol

Can't make my mind up on the colour backing yet, I had black before what u guys think?

Back
Top Bottom