Tomato Clown Fish Super Aggressive!!!! =\

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masterplan75

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
is it normal for a tomato clown fish to be super aggressive. i bought a pair of them about 2-3 inches in length and i have had these fish the longest of all fish in my tank. when i clean the front glass with a sponge she rams my hand and tries to take a chunk out of it.. at first i thought it was funny but now i'm starting to wonder if this could be bad for the tankmates. i recently had a firefish goby commit fishcide =\ and jumped out of the tank.. only to become fish jerky on the floor.. i've seen the clown pick at it but nothing major so i'm just wondering if maybe when i wasnt looking she chased him out of the tank?

any help would be greatly appreciated =)

thanks

Sounds normal to me :) If it is harassing other fish then yes, that is stressful.

Yep...sounds like the mated pair I had. Your hands were fair game if you went near their anemone. I traded them in at the lfs. My clarkii's are much more mellow.

cool deal i dont mind them and i dont see them picking on anyone else to the extent where they may be over stressed.. i also dont have an anenome yet since my tank is barely 4 months old... but they sure are protecting this one back corner now.. any chance that they might reproduce?

Quite possible they may reproduce or perhaps just being the usual aggressive clowns. Make sure you are washing your hands well if their bites break skin ;)

I had one for 8 years....was a great fish....VERY aggressive when anything came close to its territory. It would even chase the Queen Angel I had that was 20x it's size! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom