Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Abedawg83
Too much filtration?

Is there such a thing as this I have a 55g with 2 hang off the back aqueon 30 and a 55g API canister filter. Is that too much? Lol

Old 07-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

There really is never an issue with overfiltation, the more you have the better the water clarity and the water flow.

You can keep one running in case of a need for an immediate QT, thats another good point of having two filters.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks I'm going "restock" my 55g in about a month any suggestions?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hmm there's soo many fish I'd love to have myself....midas blenny, diamond goby. another royal gramma, cool clowns, maybe an anthias or a coral beauty...the list goes on and on lol

What do you like? Are you keeping corals or just fish?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well I have the lighting for corals but for now just fish and maybe introduce some mushrooms or polyps later. There are so many fish out there but for this whole month I'm just going to research
Old 07-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abedawg83 View Post
Well I have the lighting for corals but for now just fish and maybe introduce some mushrooms or polyps later. There are so many fish out there but for this whole month I'm just going to research
You took all the fun out of if for Carey. One of her favorite lines is "Do your research". hehehehe And from what I have seen, she is right. LOL
Old 07-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's all about research.

And asking questions. I got burned on 2 fish cause I listened to the lfs people who of course were wrong...If repeating the mantra "research" "research" and more "research" can save one person from that happening to all the better.

Have you checked out Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums and Saltwater Reef Fish, Marine Fish, Reef Aquarium Coral, Saltwater Supplies & more - Aquatic Connection Live Both great sites for ideas. Aquacon is a bit off on their tank sizes and minimum requirements but they generally have fishon their site that are a bit out there that you dont' see very often. Like black ice clowns, LOVE them! lol
Old 07-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't take my word because I am very much a newbie but I say a "Fire Shrimp" yesterday and fell in love with it.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yea I'm on live aquaria and for sure I want a clown maybe the black or yellow striped maroon clown. A yellow prawn goby looks nice but I want a "scary" feel to my tank lol like a snow flake eel or angler fish > lol but just ideas..
Old 07-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You'd have to make a decision then, happy fish or "predator" fish. I don't think the eel can go in with clowns, I'm sure someone keeps them together but I would be too scared. lol If you want scary you might be ok with the maroon clown, they are known to be more aggressive than regular oscellaris.

Tags
filtration

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com