Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Took a big step the other day...

I removed my emperor 280 from my 29gal tank. I did this because I have had no need to change the filter pad in over 6 monthes. I also left the filter off for almost a week after taking some pics and everything was fine. The filter would put lots of micro bubbles into the water which drove me crazy. With the filter removed I had lots more room for LR, another reason to remove it, so I went to the LFS and got 10lbs of LR to add. I dont know exactly how much LR I have buts it's over 30lbs for sure. The tank has been set up for 3 years and has tons of pods and other stuff living in there. The only fish I have are a maroon clown and watchman gobie. I also have 5 BTA's (overfeeding caused several splits berfore I knew why). I also have an Aqua C Remora hanging on the back. I will try to addd more rock later. The BTA's make it difficult as they take up lots of space. The skimmer box for the Aqua C is also huge in my little tank. I want to build a sump so I can put the skimmer in it. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea or ok please let me know. I can always put the filer back on. Thanks.

Oafboy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Should be fine.

demodiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via Yahoo to vsnsofadrgn
im not sure that the remora will work on a sump... might have to look into that.
visions of a dragon

hope dies last
vsnsofadrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
I think it will work if I can hang it on the side like it is now. Need a tall sump though.
Oafboy182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com