Took a big step the other day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oafboy182

Aquarium Advice Regular
I removed my emperor 280 from my 29gal tank. I did this because I have had no need to change the filter pad in over 6 monthes. I also left the filter off for almost a week after taking some pics and everything was fine. The filter would put lots of micro bubbles into the water which drove me crazy. With the filter removed I had lots more room for LR, another reason to remove it, so I went to the LFS and got 10lbs of LR to add. I dont know exactly how much LR I have buts it's over 30lbs for sure. The tank has been set up for 3 years and has tons of pods and other stuff living in there. The only fish I have are a maroon clown and watchman gobie. I also have 5 BTA's (overfeeding caused several splits berfore I knew why). I also have an Aqua C Remora hanging on the back. I will try to addd more rock later. The BTA's make it difficult as they take up lots of space. The skimmer box for the Aqua C is also huge in my little tank. I want to build a sump so I can put the skimmer in it. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea or ok please let me know. I can always put the filer back on. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom