torch coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So here's a torch coral my hubby and son picked up. They were going get something cool easy and colorful and had to have this as it reminds my son of a nem. Does he look good? Will the torch get bigger. My hubby also said the it wasn't so open at the store? Also in my research said I should add iodine. ( I'm a little scared to do this as I've looked all over and can't find a iodine test and I don't wanna over do it as the bottle says to add everyday) also I use "sea water" from PETCO will that still have all the stuff salt mix does :dumb:. I also saw Kent's marine nano reef, its two bottles part a and part b. Its pose provide the essentials for small aquariums. Has any one ever used this? Also is distilled water ok for top offs?

ForumRunner_20130122_174248.jpg

ForumRunner_20130122_174302.jpg

Sorry for bad pics my tablet sucks once we get back home I'll get a better shot with my camera.

Thank you. Do you give yours iodine supplement? We also have moved him so he's upright. Is it better that way or are they ok tilted. He wasn't leaning on any thing but I didn't know if they hadda be up right. Either way he opened 10 mins after being placed in the tank after accumulation. So I think he is happy

No need to supplement if you're using a good saltwater mix. Coral looks healthy. What kind of lighting do you have? Also i would top off with rodi water if you can get it.

I hadn't supplemented anything in my tank for almost a whole year. After a few tests came back with low alk and cal I started doing 2 part solution from B-ionic.

For the most part if your diligent with weekly water changes your nutrients will be replenished.

Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom