Total newbie - 90 gal FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreatLaker74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,
So I just purchased my very first aquarium, a 90 Gallon FOWLR tank. After cycling it for 10 weeks I have added the following fish: 2 Ocellaris clown fish, 5 Monos and 5 Mexican Turbo Snails. I bought the tank mostly for it's ability to calm my High Functioning Autistic son.

We are now ready to add some more members to our little family and was wondering if people had any suggestions. Some characteristics that we are looking for are colour, socialable and compatibility with the other fish.

I am very new to all of this so any helpful suggestions are welcome and please be patient with me if I ask a lot of dumb newbie questions. Thanks!

I love my Midas blenny :) very sociable and has some cool color. I especially love her bright blue eyes :) always have to look her in the eyes when I wake up or my day sucks :)

I would suggest a one spot foxface. The are great community fish and good fish for beginners. Bright yellow In color. One of my favorite

Thanks guys! Yellow is my son's favourite colour so I'm sure he'll love those 2 suggestions. Two other fish that appealed to me were Royal Gramma and Flame Angelfish. Any thoughts?

I love the flame but have never had one. I am not sure how much rock you have but from my experience they need tons of places to hide. When ever I am looking at getting a new fish I checkout liveaquaria.com. That sit has a lot of info hope this help ya l. And good luck ;)

Wow... The royal needs a ton of life rock :) this phone is about to take a swim lol

I'd suggest Foxface over yellow tang. Yellow Tangs should really be in a larger tank, but a Foxface would do fine in a 90.

I'm looking into getting a Lawnmower Blenny. Cool little puppy dog type personalities. Fun for kids to watch.

Flame Angels are beautiful, but can be territorial at times. Same with Royal Grammas ( at least mine was). I'd add those last.

A gold head sleeper goby would be cool for your son and he will love watching that guy but only if your using a sand bed

Watchman gobies tend to hide a little more than Other fish but its still a neat fish especially if its paired With a pistol shrimp

Thanks everyone for the help! After speaking with out LFS guy who help set up the tank for me. We ended up getting a Royal Gramma, 2 Bengaii Cardinalfish, and a Skunk Basslet. We also added a few members to our CUC with 4 very small blue legged hermit crabs, 2 skunk shrimp and a red Brittle Star.

Back
Top Bottom