Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Tough to pick the next fish

HI , I have been running a 75 fowlr ( no top ) for about a year now. Very happy with my current fish - but want to add 1 or 2 more. Its been 4 months since my last fish , and cant seem to pick the next one.

I have:
2 Clowns
1 bi color blenny
1 bi color angel
1 six stripe wrasse
1 Chromis

ast snails and mini crabs

I wouldnt mind adding 2 more chromis -- but twice in the past - a group of 5 dwindled to 1 in 5 days-- they didnt like each other a kill a night.

Every fish i research seems "not to fit in"

So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Fishman703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
You could add a Goby of some sort. A little Clown Goby maybe?

~ Mitch

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:18 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Kole tang or 2 or 3 cardinals. And a goby too - what kind you ask? First, I gotta ask how you six-line does with the bicolor goby since one hangs our and perches on the rocks while the other constantly cruises them. I've heard of the six-line claiming that territiory and not liking someone else perching or cruising.

The clown goby is another "percher". With or without a pistol shrimp, you could do a shrimp goby who'll hang out at the very bottom between sand and rock. Plenty of them to choose from. With that six-line already established, I'd be cautious about another that will perch.

You could look at the fang blennies. The canary is my favorite. He'll give you that bright yellow you prolly wanted in a tang, but couldn't because the 75g isn't big enuf. He'll constantly swim out front. He even sleeps on the front or side glass. And don't worry about the fang part. He's only dangerous to other fish trying to eat him or the uninformed aquarist who might try to hold the net he's in while transferred. There's another fang blenny that has pretty shades of pale blue. Both small.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Thanks for the replies, my six line wrasse gets along fine with blennie ( 6 months and counting , the wrassee jumped out once but thats a whole other story :0 )

I was going to go the yellow tang route , but I do think a tank shoudl be alt least 90 gallon for them , and honestly -- I just dont like them.

This decision has been driving me crazy .... I think i have a "happy tank" right now -- and dont want to ruin it

Thanks again!!!
Fishman703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Why 5 chromis? Why not just add 2 more for a total of 3? Maybe you just had bad luck before. I started with 3 chromis, and still have the same 3 in a 46g. Been that way for over 2 years now.
Kurt_Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
A pink spotted goby would be nice.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com