Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

yea im not at home plus i dont have a camera i really want to get pics up soon, but its a 45 gallon tank and theirs at the least 40 lbs of rock in their probally more i bought rock at diff times and i never accounted for it so i really dont have an approx but the whole tank is stocked with rock and the tank is brand new prob running a month and a 1/2

Old 03-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

and the ammonia was spiked before i added the rock last night not really spiked but at the .05 range

Old 03-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Get a second test with another kit maybe. LFS?

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

yea guess ill have to try but i did call alot of local stores and they told me .05 is nothing to worry about so i dont think i am going to go through all the trouble just yet if it jumps to 1.0 then i am going to take action. because before i took the urchin out the test read more towrds 5.0 and then when i took him out it started reaing between 0 and .05 so as crazy as it sounds and everyone can say im stupid for thinking it i really think it was the urchin i wish i had a pic of the piles of crap this thing left in the corners of the tank lol but its all good thanks for the help
Old 03-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

5.0 is cycling high. Toxic. .5 is still something to worry about IMO. I'm thinking those piles in the corner are leftover food in dead spots where there is no circulation.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live, live rock, rock, tan, transfer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com